After 3 flights and 20+ hours of travel, Mal and I arrived home late last night. Of course, we were exhausted, but we weren’t so tired we couldn’t pick up Murphy from the dog sitter. Thankfully, she was hanging out at her house with some friends, so she was totally cool with us coming by so late in the evening. I can’t tell you how happy I was to see Murphy’s pug face. I missed him so much!
Being on Hawaii time and all, it was tough getting out of bed this morning, but Mal and I forced ourselves to carpe diem. Our first order of business: meal planning and grocery shopping. I wasn’t in the mood to do either, but we hardly had any food in our kitchen, so I threw together a quick and EASY meal plan for the week with dishes that don’t require a ton of work. Then, Mal and I headed immediately to the grocery store””we figured we should just get it over with! Ha!
Here’s this week’s meal plan (and game plan):
- Sunday: Garlic butter shrimp with broccoli and rice (inspired by Romy’s) [cook extra rice for Monday’s dinner]
- Monday: Roast chicken with sweet potatoes, onions, and leftover rice [save chicken leftovers for Tuesday’s dinner]
- Tuesday: Avocado chicken salad sandwiches with Sweet Potato Wedges [cook extra SPW for Wednesday’s dinner]
- Wednesday: Sweet Potato Quesadillas [cut up extra veggies and defrost beef for Thursday’s dinner]
- Thursday: Tacos
- Friday: Tuna-avocado melts
- Saturday: Out to dinner
And here’s our shopping for the week:
Massive, right? We were out of just about everything, so we needed to fully restock our kitchen.
Question of the Day
What’s your favorite go-to, EASY dinner?
P.P.S. I have a couple of more posts from Oahu to put together, so I’ll have them up early this week. Keep a look out for them!