As you already know, I’m on a huge rice bowl kick lately. I eat them allllll the time. They’re so easy to make and just about anything goes when it comes to ingredients, so they’re my go-to meal for lunch and dinner. (You’ll probably see a lot more recipes on CNC in the future!)
I recently whipped up this Shrimp Rice Bowl with tomato, basil, and feta and just had to share the recipe. It was so, so, so delicious, but what made it especially awesome was just how easy it was to make. It probably didn’t take me more than 10 minutes from start to finish, and there were plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day. And it was a nutritious meal with a satisfying mix of healthy carbs, fat, and protein.
One dish, 10 minutes, healthy, and delicious? It doesn’t get much better than that, does it?!
- 10 ounces brown rice
- 1 pound jumbo cooked shrimp, tails removed (defrosted if frozen)
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- pinch of salt
- 1 can (approx. 14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil (I used Hunt’s)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- Cook rice as directed. I used 2 packages of Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice, so I just nuked them in the microwave for 3 minutes each.
- Remove tails from shrimp and then saute them in butter, garlic, and salt until warm. (You can also saute the diced tomatoes with the shrimp if you wish.)
- Once rice and shrimp are done, place them in a large mixing bowl with the diced tomatoes. Mix well.
- Top with crumbled feta and serve immediately.
Recipe makes 4 servings