These Roasted Chickpea Tacos make a tasty meat-free option for Taco Tuesday (or any day of the week). Full of fiber and plant protein, these tacos are both healthy and delicious.
Today I’m sharing another recipe from my brand new cookbook, The Everything Diet Macro Cookbook!
We love a good (protein-packed) meatless meal in our house, and these vegan crispy chickpea tacos fit the bill. Need a new recipe for Taco Tuesday? Hey, I’ve got you covered. Like most of the recipes that come out of the CNC kitchen, these tacos can me made from to start to finish in under 30 minutes!
This simple taco recipe is made with less than 10 ingredients, but are super flavorful thanks to taco seasoning and fresh lime juice. Plus, the texture is spot on from the crispy chickpeas, creamy avocado mash, and crunchy bell peppers. Just top with sour cream and salsa for a complete meal!
Ingredients in Roasted Chickpea Tacos
- red bell pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil
- taco seasoning
- lime juice
- corn tortillas
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment below letting me know how it turns out. Your feedback is so helpful for the CNC team and other CNC readers! Thank you!
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 (7″) corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chickpeas and bell pepper on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and teaspoon salt. Bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, toss chickpeas and pepper slices, and bake for an additional 10–15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash avocado with a fork until smooth. Stir in lime juice and remaining teaspoon salt.
- Lay tortillas on a flat work surface. Spread avocado mixture on tortillas and top with chickpea mixture. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 519mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 28g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 6g