I can’t wait to share this review of Club Med in Sandpiper Bay, Florida!
A little backstory first…
We had originally planned a family vacation to the Punta Cana location of Club Med, but with all of the craziness happening there, we decided to switch our trip to Sandpiper Bay, Florida. Thankfully, Club Med was very accommodating and switched our lodging with just a small penalty. The airline, however, was not so accommodating. Whomp whomp. Mal and I joke that we took the most expensive trip EVER to Florida. We had a great time, but, whoa, it was expensive. (FYI: This vacation was not sponsored in anyway; I’ve had no contact with Club Med’s influencer/media team.)
Instead of my usual vacation blog recap, I decided to go a different route with a video review. I had a lot to say about our vacation and wanted to make sure that I gave you guys a full review of everything. We absolutely loved our time at Club Med Sandpiper Bay and highly recommend it, especially if you have kids. We really had THE BEST time!! You’ll definitely see my enthusiasm come through in this video review of Club Med in Sandpiper Bay, Florida! 🙂
Following the video, I included some photos from our vacation as well as details about what we did each day. The video recaps pros and cons of our trip as well as details on the activities mentioned below. Of course, if you have specific questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. I hope you enjoy this review of Club Med in Sandpiper Bay, Florida!
Review of Club Med in Sandpiper Bay, Florida
- Quinn was PUMPED about the bunk bed + tv in his room!
- He was also psyched about all of the lizards and birds around the resort
- Quinn learned how to do a backwards flip underwater
- Part of Quinn’s dinner included a mug of white chocolate from a fountain at dinner
- We went late-night swimming, which was definitely one of our favorite activities!
- Quinn ate shrimp for the first time! 🙂
I brought 2 pairs of sunglasses on my trip. Both are the HALE from Kohv. You can save 10% of any pair of Kohv sunglasses with code carrotsncake!
- Mal and I participated in AquaFit (water aerobics)
- We spent almost the whole day in the pool
- Our happy hour included a round of pina coladas and Go Fish
- Quinn participated in a Mini Club performance. He was Pikachu (his favorite Pokemon), and I cried when I saw him dressed up and dancing on stage. We were so proud of him, and he did such a great job!
My rainbow hat is from the RUN PROUD line at Brooks.
- Mal, Quinn, and I went paddle boarding!
- Then, we spent the rest of the day at the pool
- Quinn swung on the trapeze!
- It was tropical night!
- During dinner, a lizard landed on Quinn’s shoulder and hilarity ensued!
My romper and sandals are both from thredUP.
- Mal and I went to the driving range and then took a golf lesson
- We visited the adults-only pool and celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary
- We also went out to a fancy dinner while Quinn was at Mini Club
- Mal and I took a bootcamp class followed by spinning
- It was Bastille Day, so there were tons of fun activities, including Quinn getting to flour the king and queen!
- Mal went wake boarding
- Mal and I tried trapeze
- Happy hour included some intense games of Jenga!
- Mal and Quinn went paddle boarding while I took out a kayak on the river
- Quinn participated in a super fun pirate treasure hunt!
- That night, we watched The Incredibles 2 in the pool
- We were really sad that it was our last night at Club Med (photo below)
- We ate breakfast, packed up, and headed home
Looking for more family vacation recommendations?