I have quite the delicious recipe to share with you guys! Well, actually, it’s more of a meal idea, so feel free to play around with the measurements of each of the ingredients depending on your taste preferences. Either way, it’s a dish that comes together in a matter of minutes, especially if you prepare the ingredients ahead of time, like on your meal prep day. Let’s just say, for a weeknight dinner or packable lunch, it’s definitely a winner!
Some prep notes to make this meal really come together in a flash:
- Buy already cooked and detailed (peeled and deveined) shrimp, so all you need to do is heat it up.
- Cook rice ahead of time. I just started using our Instant Pot to make ours, and it’s THE BEST and so much more affordable (and not cooked in plastic) than the microwave bagged stuff we were using.
- Make tahini dressing ahead of time and store it in the fridge. I actually made a huge batch, so we have it on-hand whenever we need it.
- Use jarred olives and sundried tomatoes – just grab a fork and add some to your bowl!
Mediterranean Shrimp Bowls with Tahini Sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined) defrosted
- 2 cups white rice cooked
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes drained
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- tahini dressing
Detail shrimp and cook as directed. Cook rice as directed. When shrimp and rice are finished cooking, assemble bowls by adding olives, sundried tomatoes, and pine nuts. Finally, drizzle tahini dressing on top. Dig in!