Hi, friends! I have an incredible, protein-packed, and easy recipe that you guys are going to love. It’s perfect as a make-ahead breakfast during the week or a lazy weekend brunch. A huge thank you to Muuna for partnering with me on this blog post!
Guys, I might just eat this Pumpkin Spice Protein Bake every morning for the rest of my life. For real. It’s so, so, soooo good.
When I first tasted this breakfast bake, I literally said out loud: “Damn, that’s good.” And I’ve been obsessed with it ever since. The flavor is absolutely delicious (hello, pumpkin spice!) and the texture reminds me of a soft, warm muffin. Mmm!
It’s also so simple to make (just blend and bake), so it’s a great make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings or laid-back weekends. All you need to do is reheat it in the morning. Easy-peasy.
But the best part about this recipe is just how perfect it is for starting your morning off on the right foot. Made with rolled oats, pumpkin, eggs, cottage cheese, and walnuts, it’s a wholesome, nutritious, and balanced way to start your day.
One of the main ingredients in this recipe is lowfat plain Muuna cottage cheese, which is, oh, so tasty. Its creamy, melt-in-your-mouth goodness is paired with real fruit (minus the artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners) and loaded with protein– more so than other cottage cheese brands and even some Greek yogurts on the market.
For example, the Muuna lowfat plain has 19 grams of protein per serving compared to just 10 grams per serving of another brand of cottage cheese that we sometimes buy. How great it that?! And, I swear, the Munna is so much creamier!
Muuna comes in single-serve cups that are travel-friendly, portion-controlled, and perfect for snacking– for both adults and kids. Qman lovvvves the pineapple and mango flavors!
I hope you guys enjoyed hearing about Muuna. It’s a new product, so it’s showing up on store shelves as we speak, but feel free to check if it’s sold near you.
- 1.5 cups quick oats
- 5.3 ounces Muuna lowfat plain cottage cheese
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (or 3 whites from shell)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine above ingredients, except walnuts, in a food processor for about 60 seconds. Batter should be a little chunky.
- Prepare a 9 X 9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and then pour the batter inside. Smooth the top of the batter with a spatula and then sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 32-34 minutes until cooked all the way through. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy with maple syrup or a big scoop of Muuna cottage cheese.
Makes 9 Servings
- Serving Size: 1
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 30
- Protein: 9