After my recent trip to Canyon Ranch, I was inspired to make my own version of their incredible Pumpkin Crunch. I kept the pumpkin seeds as the base since they are highly nutritious and a great source of fiber, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus, but I mixed in some rolled oats for even more nutrients and satiety. And, well, I just love granola-y granola, ya know? I also changed things up with golden raisins, in addition to dried cranberries, and simplified the cooking method, so this recipe can be thrown together in a matter of minutes! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1.5 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ingredients and mix well.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Store in a tightly sealed container.
Recipe makes 10-ish (1/4 cup) servings