I LOVE pancakes, so experimenting and creating more nutritious versions of them (that taste just as delicious) is really the best thing ever. I think I’m officially addicted to protein pancakes. Here are my a bunch of my favorite recipes:
- My Favorite Protein Pancake
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancake
- Kodiak Cake Protein Pancake
- Oatmeal Protein Pancake
- Vanilla Protein Pancake
And here’s a new one to add to the bunch!
Apple-Cinnamon Protein Pancake
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 medium apple
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dice apple into small pieces and then mix with lemon juice, water, and cinnamon. Cook in a pot on medium heat for 5-7 minutes until most of liquid has evaporated and apples are soft.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together pancake ingredients.
- Preheat a skillet (medium-low heat), spray with non-stick spray, and pour in the batter while shaping it into a pancake with a spoon.
- Heat until partially cooked and flip pancake.
- Once cooked the pancake is cooked through, remove from heat and top with cinnamon apples. (I also spread sunflower butter on mine.)
Makes 1 large pancake