Good morning, blogland! I could not sleep last night! My mind was racing the entire night, and I kept waking up every couple of hours. Grrrrr! I woke up again a little after 7:00, and at least the sun was up, so I bounded out of bed to make breakfast. I was hung-ry!
Breakfast was a lovely pancake concoction, packed with protein in the form of liquid egg whites and cottage cheese. I hope this baby will keep me satisfied and energized all morning long!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 tbsp low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed meal
- Coat small frying pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour batter into frying pan in pancake form.
- When sides of pancake start to brown, flip to other side.
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh berries, banana slices, nut butter, chocolate chips, etc. Enjoy!
With my protein pancake, I also had some clementine pieces and a mug of coffee with a splash of chocolate soy milk and agave nectar.
I topped my protein pancake with a little maple syrup and a few chocolate chips. Mmmmm! Nutritious and delicious!
Great Websites for Runners
I saw this article in last month's Health magazine-- just wanted to share these great websites with the runners out there.
- Gmap-Pedometer.com: No more retracing your running route in your car to determine the distance. This cool website from Google Maps not only lets you preplan your route, but it also records total distance, elevation, and calories burned. Bonus: It saves all your past routes, too.
- RunThePlanet.com: Log on for recommended running routes in cities all over the world, plus training tips, a race calendar, and a community forum where you can ask runners about favorite local trails.
- Running-Log.com: A free online log to track milage, store routes, and record time spent doing non-running workouts. It's particularly good for long-distance running buddies because you can make your log public or post it to you Facebook page.
- Girls Gotta Move: A great site! (I just signed up!) You can search by zip code to find running partners in your area, find events, and utilize message boards. You will also receive the Girls Gotta Move monthly e-newsletter, which is packed with tips, special offers, and motivation.
- MapMyRun - Carrots 'N' Cake Running Group: A place where Carrots N Cake readers can add/find running routes, get training advice, network, and find inspiration.