It was like Christmas Day when I arrived home from work! 😀
Now that I don’t have a 24-hour concierge to accept packages for me, it’s been a real bitch pain to pick up packages from UPS, FedEx, and the post office. Don’t get me wrong, I love it when goodies are sent to me, but lately, it’s been a lot of work.
Mal had some extra time this afternoon, so he stopped by FedEx and the post office for me today. What a nice guy!
Check out all of the goodies that Shannon sent me! I can’t wait to try the Naturally More peanut butter!!! Thanks, Shannon!
Foodbuzz recently announced a unique program that will offer free hotel and airfare for six of their festival attendees.
The Nature’s Pride “Bread Ambassador” program encourages festival attendees to try the bread, experiment with it, and create a recipe that highlights the “great taste and natural qualities of Nature’s Pride.” If my recipe is chosen, I’ll get to attend the festival as an Official Nature’s Pride “Bread Ambassador” and demo it for my fellow bloggers at the Foodbuzz Taste Pavilion. Cool!
Ok, so here’s my recipe…
Pesto-Pinto Grilled Cheese
Makes 2 sandwiches
- 4 slices of Nature’s Pride 100% Whole Wheat bread
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1.5 tbsp of store-bought pesto (or homemade)
- 4 slices of Provolone cheese
- Olive oil
- In a food processor (or VitaMix), blend pinto beans, water, Dijon mustard, and pesto until consistency is fairly smooth. (I like a few bean chunks, but blend as much or as little as you like.)
- Pre-heat panini maker (or fry pan).
- Lightly coat one side of each of the 4 pieces of bread with olive oil.
- Place olive oil side down on panini maker and spread bean mixture on top using a spatula.
- Top bean mixture with 1-2 slices of Provolone cheese.
- Place other slice of bread on top, olive oil side out.
- Press sandwich in panini maker until cheese is fully melted and bread is golden brown.
- Allow to cool and enjoy! 😀
This was easily the BEST grilled cheese sandwich I have ever eaten! There will be a lot more of these made in our house! DELISH!
I’m off to veg-out in front of the TV.
P.S. I’ve been reading all of your comments on my last post, and not a single person has guessed my new part-time job yet! Keep guessing! 😉