I’m not sure if you’ve heard yet, but Mama Pea’s new cookbook, More Peas, Thank You, was released last week! Woohoo!!
To celebrate, here’s a little sneak peak of just one of the delicious recipes inside (I’ve made these enchiladas twice now and love them) and we’re going to have a giveaway so you can win a copy of More Peas, Thank You!
One Pan Roasted Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas
Makes 10 enchiladas
- cooking spray or oil, to grease casserole dish
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (3 cups)
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cups prepared organic salsa (i.e., Fire-Roasted Salsa in a Cinch from Peas and Thank You)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 1â„2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1â„2 cup shredded nondairy cheddar cheese (i.e., Daiya) or organic cheddar cheese
- Almost Chipotle Guacamole (p. 96), sliced black olives, minced fresh cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray or oil. Place sweet potatoes in the casserole dish and roast for 10 minutes. Stir, add onions to the dish and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes and onions are roasting, whisk together tomato sauce, broth, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove sweet potatoes and onions from the casserole dish and place in a large bowl. Add tomatoes, salsa, garlic and black beans, and mash all filling ingredients together with a potato masher until well combined.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Pour 1 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the casserole dish. Fill tortillas with filling, roll and pack together, seam side down, in the casserole dish. Top with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Garnish with guacamole, olives and cilantro, if desired.
Nutrition information per serving: 180 calories, 3.5 g total fat, 1.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 6 g protein, vitamin A 10%, vitamin C 15%, calcium 10%, iron 10%
Optional ingredients and toppings not included in analysis.
More Peas, Thank You Giveaway
Here’s your chance to win one of TWO copies up for grabs of More Peas, Thank You!
To enter, just leave a comment on this post about why you’d like to win this cookbook. I’ll randomly pick 2 winners tomorrow. Good luck!
I would love to win Mama Pea’s book because I love to cook healthy and tasty foods, and Mama Pea’s recipes have both of those components down perfectly!
I would love to win this book because I am pretty severely lactose intolerant, but no one else in my family is. I think it would be great to be able to make some of her dairy free foods and have my family be able to enjoy them as well
Would love to learn some new recipes! Love mama pea!
I am always on the look out for a new cookbook to try. I think this one would be a great addition to my kitchen!
those enchiladas look amazing!! i am definitely putting them on my “to make list!”
i would love to win her new book. i actually won a giveaway for her first book, but the person never sent the book! i was beyond sad because i was so excited for it! ironically i am making her strawberry shake she posted about tomorrow! ingredients are waiting in the freezer! love her!!
I don’t know how to cook at all so I need all the help I can get!
Besides the desire to cook and eat new and different foods, I’d love to with this cookbook b/c of what you just posted. Those enchiladas look AMAZING and I expect them to be a great example of other awesome recipes to try.
Thanks for the chance at winning!
I just made these on Monday and I loved them! They lasted for a while after as well. LOVE!
I would love to win this book. Her recipes look so delicious and I’m always looking for more vegetarian dishes.m
I’d love to win this book; always looking for new vegan ideas. I have her first book and I am a fan of her website; thanks.
I would love to win this book so I can make food as good as those enchiladas!
This book would be awesome–I am always looking for new flavors! Thanks for the giveaway!
Her cookbook looks amazing! This recipe sounds great! I’m trying to eat more of less processed food and I think this book would help.
I would love to win this since most of my recipes come from blogs and Pinterest. LOL. It would be awesome to own a real cookbook. 🙂
LOVE her site (and yours) and would LOVE to win this great book! Thanks!
Hi! Why I want to win Mama Peas Cookbook? I love to cook and have taught myself almost everything that I know! I cook for myself and my 6 year old son. I have managed to get him to eat a lot of healthy things, but I want to find tasty ways to get him to eat more vegetables. I also want to find great veggie meals that don’t leave us feeling hungry an hour later. I look forward to finding out if I win I have never tried to win anything before! Have a great day!
I’d like to win because I literally don’t own a single cookbook! Haha
I’m struggling to get my act together and start to make some great things and need to start somewhere!!! What better way, than the excitement of winning something new to try 🙂
I can’t wait to check out the new cookbook! more vegan recipes to add to my list, hooray!
I would love to win this book! I am a newly claimed Vegan and it is hard for me to find recipes that are meant for me. It would be amazing to have a whole book dedicated to veggies! Thanks!
I love Mama Pea’s wholesome recipes!
Yum I’ll have to check this recipe out! I never use sweet potatoes in my cooking and I feel like that they are healthy and yummy enough that I should start incorporating them into my diet 🙂 thanks for sharing!
I’d love to win a copy of More Peas, Thank You so I can get some great new recipes to serve my kids. My youngest has severe allergies/asthma and I want some new, healthier food ideas so we can use food and nutrients as medicine rather than pills and inhalers!
I’d love to begin a healthy cookbook collection, starting with More Peas, Thank You! I just reached my goal weight at Weight Watcher’s and need to stay on track with healthy recipes … especially including veggies! Thanks!
Oh-my-God this recipe instantly became my favorite! I guess the giveaway is already finished, best to the winners 🙂
I just got married and would love some new cookbooks to try some recipes from!
I keep seeing so many of Mama Pea’s recipes and I definitely need her book! The first recipe I ever made was her Mmm sauce.
I would love to own Mama Pea’s 2nd book! I know her first one rocked and I am always up for trying new recipes and new ideas to put use in my own kitchen.
I would love to win this cookbook! I have developed health issues during graduate school, some of which being food intolerance to gluten, dairy, and eggs. I was eating vegetarian, and am now eating vegan. I would love a good recipe book to help me on my way! It is sometimes hard for me to find recipes that my kids would like too, and these recipes look so amazing that anyone would love them (even two preschoolers)!
I just made the brownies from the first cookbook and can’t wait to see what the second one has in it! This recipe looks great! I am bookmarking it now!
I would love to try this and other recipes-so delish!
I would love to win this cookbook. I am always looking for healthy, family-friendly recipes for my picky eaters so this looks like the perfect cookbook for me!
I have a recipe very similar to this and everyone loves it. If there’s more like that in the book I definitely NEED it.
I’m excited to get back to clean eating and this book would be a great start!