Hello and happy Hump Day!
Check out what I found in our dozen of eggs this afternoon:
One happy egg! Haha!
Mal drew a smiley face saying “hello” on this egg to distinguish it from the others since it’s hardboiled while the others are not. He’s so clever. I totally wasn’t expecting to see it, so it cracked me up and put a huge smile on my face. Oh, it’s the little things in life.
Vanilla Protein Pancakes
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop (31.8g) vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat pan (or griddle) over medium heat; coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter onto the pan/griddle.
- Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Cook on the other side for about 1 minute.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Makes 2 pancakes
Since I have quite the collection of protein pancake recipes on CNC, here they are all in one place:
- Pumpkin Protein Pancake
- My Favorite Protein Pancake
- Tropical Protein Pancake
- Coconut Protein Pancake
- Paleo Protein Pancake
- Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancake
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Pancake
- Kodiak Cake Protein Pancake
- Oatmeal Protein Pancake
After breakfast, I headed out for a run. My half marathon training schedule had a 9-mile run on it for today, but I caught a nasty (read: booger-y) cold on the last day of the cruise, so I decided to run 7 miles instead. This actually ended up being a great idea because, by the end of my run, I really needed to blow my nose. I could barely breathe! Even still, I ran 7 miles in 58:39, which was an average pace of 8:22.
I forgot to share my workouts for this week, so here they are!
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: 3 miles
- Tuesday: CrossFit
- Wednesday: 7 miles
- Thursday: CrossFit
- Friday: CrossFit
- Saturday: CrossFit
After my run, I showered up and threw together a quickie lunch. On the menu: leftover pasta with kale and walnut pesto, a chopped tomato, and a hardboiled egg.
I actually felt sort of bad cracking open this happy, little egg.
After lunch, I satisfied my sweet tooth with a handful of butterscotch chips. It was a perfect ending to lunch. Mmm!
P.S. For the pug lovers: The 21 Most Useless College Majors For Pugs.