Early this morning, something crazy/exciting/awesome happened: Carrots ‘N’ Cake hit 1 million views in a single month!!! And there’s still a day to go! Of course, I am thrilled. I’m also a little shocked because I never thought I’d see the day. So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you, readers. Obviously, this wouldn’t be possible without YOU.
To celebrate this accomplishment, Mal made homemade Grilled Banana Sandwiches for breakfast this morning. What a guy! 😀
The celebration wouldn’t be complete without friends, so we invited Dave and Marie over for breakfast this morning. Plus, we wanted to share the Grilled Banana Sandwich goodness!
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1. In a medium bowl, combine honey, cinnamon, salt, and butter.
2. Set aside.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 slices firm white toasting bread
4 bananas, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch-thick rounds
Confectioners’ sugar (for sprinkling)
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter. Arrange 4 slices of bread in a single layer, pouring a heaping tablespoon of cinnamon-honey butter into the center of each slice. Cook gently for 4 minutes or until the bottoms start to crisp. If necessary, lower the heat to medium-low.
2. Meanwhile, in another large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Saute the bananas for 3 minutes, turning once, or until just starting to brown.
3. Reserving 4 banana rounds, distribute half the remaining banana onto 2 slices of bread in the skillet. Using a spatula, carefully invert the remaining slices to form two sandwiches. Cook the sandwiches for 3 minutes more or until crisp and golden.
4. Cut sandwiches on the diagonal and garnish with reserved banana rounds. Sprinkle generously with confectioners’ sugar. Use the remaining butter, bread, and bananas to make 2 more sandwiches.
Adapted from Mike & Patty’s
The key to delicious Grilled Banana Sandwiches is timing. We burned the bread on the first batch because our bananas weren’t done yet. Be sure the bananas are fully sautÃ©ed before you start to grill the bread in the pan.
The second batch of Grilled Banana Sandwiches turned out perfectly! Holy yum!
Banana sandwich celebration!! 😀
We’re off to do some wine tasting this afternoon. See ya! 😎