I whipped up another delicious “minus the oats” breakfast this morning. This time, I went for a creamier version, which reminded me a lot of oat bran. The texture looked and tasted SO MUCH like the real deal.
“Oat Bran” Minus the Oats
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (or almond) extract
- Whisk together egg whites and almond milk and then stir in ground flax, banana, vanilla extract, and cinnamon; blend well.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove, stirring frequently, until the “oat bran” reaches the desired consistency; this should only take a few minutes.
- Top with berries, nut butter, seeds, or whatever else your little heart desires.
I also added fresh blackberries and peanut butter to my “oat bran.” And, of course, I enjoyed a glass of iced coffee with soy milk with my breakfast.
I really love these “minus the oats” breakfasts because they keep me satisfied for hours and hours””even more so than my regular oatmeal! This morning, for example, I ate breakfast around 7:30 AM, and just now at 12:30 PM, I’m finally hungry!
After breakfast, I took Murphy to the park. He’s been waiting all week for a chance to stretch his pug legs, so he was psyched to go this morning. I mean, doesn’t his face just say it all?
We spent a little over an hour at the park and explored a bunch of new trails.
These trails had lots of fun new snacks!
Question of the Day
After reading about Bob Harper’s last meal on earth, I thought it would be fun to pose the same question to you guys!
If it was your last day on earth, what meal would be your last?
Hands down, without question, my last meal would be a loaf of French bread, a tasting board of stinky cheeses, and a bottle of white wine. I’d finish off the meal with a vanilla cupcake topped with a ton of buttercream frosting and sprinkles. I’d probably throw an iced coffee in there, too.