We’re finally starting to make some progress in Baby Haupert’s nursery! Yay! The walls are all painted, so now we’re looking to buy furniture, dÃ©cor, and other furnishings, which, of course, is the most fun part. I’ve been pinning all sorts of stuff onto my Nursery Ideas board on Pinterest, so I thought it would be neat to share some of our inspiration here on CNC. Enjoy!
Colors: We’re leaning toward gray and white with accents of green, blue, and orange
(Some) zoo animals
A dresser than doubles as a changing table
Cube shelf with Storage Bins
Tall corner shelf for extra storage
Dog and pug dÃ©cor (obviously)
- The nursery isn’t very big, so we’re doing our best to find pieces that have multiple purposes to give us as much space as possible (i.e. dresser + changing table, shelf with storage, etc.)
- Mal and I both love animals and we want Baby H. to love them too, which is why we want to include some in our nursery dÃ©cor, but we definitely don’t want to have a zoo-themed nursery.
- I love these curtains from Crate & Barrel, but I am hoping to find something similar at a lower price point. I’m not sure I’m ready to drop $200 on curtains.
- To save a little money, we’re repurposing a couple of pieces of furniture from other parts of our house, including a rug and a chair from IKEA.
- We painted the walls of the nursery a light gray to brighten up the space and make it seem a bit bigger. The color is “Polished Silver” from Valspar. I love it.
- We had an overhead light installed this past weekend since the nursery doesn’t get a ton of natural sunlight, except for in the early morning. It already makes a great addition to the room!
- We also went to IKEA to buy a crib, dresser, and small cube shelf. We still need to set it up, but I can’t wait to see the nursery finally start to come together!
So, those are our plans for the nursery so far””more to come in the coming weeks!