Good morning, friends!
I have a seriously delicious post-workout snack for you, especially if you like peanut butter!
You guys know that eating the right foods after a workout can speed your recovery and boost your energy for your next one, right? Well, peanut butter is a great choice as part of a nutritious, post-workout meal or snack. These No-Bake Peanut Butter Cereal Bars combine peanut butter with oats, Rice Chex cereal, and honey for a semi-sweet snack that you’ll thoroughly enjoy after (or before!) your next workout!
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter (I used Teddie)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup Rice Chex cereal
- 1/4 cup honey <— works with maple syrup too!
- 1/2 cup shelled peanuts
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. (It’s totally okay to break up the cereal while mixing!)
- Line a small pan with parchment paper and then use a spatula to spread out the mixture inside.
- Pop the pan in the freezer for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove pan from freezer and lift out parchment paper.
- On a cutting board, trim sides and cut into bars.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Makes 4-6 bars, depending on how you cut them
Links of Interest
Question of the Day
Peanut butter or almond butter?