Ahhhhh!!! I start my new job at NuVal today! I’m so excited!!! And nervous! 😯 I’ll be sure to give you guys a full report later today. Wish me luck!
My Monday started bright and early at 5:15 AM for a trip to the gym. I only had about an hour to exercise, so I split my workout 50-50 between strength training and cardio:
- Chest Press (dumbbells): 25 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
- Chest Cable Crossover (machine): 30 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
- Front Raises (dumbbells): 10 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
- Upright Rows (dumbbells): 15 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
- Concentrated Biceps Curls (dumbbells): 15 lbs, 12 reps, 3 sets
- Hammer Dumbbell Curls: 12 lbs, 15 reps, 3 sets
- 30-minute iinterval mix from MotionTraxx: “Drop a Jeans Size Workout ”˜09 – Interval #3.”
When I got home from the gym, I found the sweetest note from my husband and puppy wishing me luck on my first day of work:
I love that Mal added ‘keep working hard‘ to his note. Even though I’m working fewer hours in an office, it doesn’t mean that I am working less. I actually have to work harder now!
This morning’s breakfast included a very delicious ingredient: coconut!
Shredded coconut used to be one of my favorite oatmeal add-ins. I can’t believe how long it has been since I last had it in my oats.
In the mix:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Pomegranate arils
I also had some iced coffee with vanilla soy milk for breakfast. You can sort of see it in the background of this last photo! 😉
New on the Examiner
New from the Boston Healthy Living Examiner: Why you should eat more fruit
Enhance Your Life
Enhance your life and win $5,000? You bet! Check out Divine Caroline’s Life Amplified program to see how you can enhance (or streamline) your life and win some dinero to make it happen!
Give Yourself the Gift of Health
I saw this great tip in the September issue of Shape magazine and just wanted to share:
Forget New Year’s resolutions: Make your birthday the time of year you vow to make good-for-you changes. Celebrate your life by committing to take care of yourself. Use your birthday week to schedule your routine screenings and checkups.
To get started, visit the American Cancer Society website, morebirthdays.com, for a list of medical tests you need, along with other well-being tips and tools.
Speaking of birthdays…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATH!!!
The folks at Campbell’s offered to giveaway a prize pack featuring their V8 Garden Vegetable Blend Soup. Wahoo!
The prize pack includes:
- Campbell’s V8 Garden Vegetable Blend soup;
- A Campbell’s V8 Soup Health Journal and vegetable shaped pens to keep track of your servings;
- A Flip and Tumble shopping bag to stock up on vegetables; and
- A Pedometer – to count your steps.