Hi, friends! Happy Monday! How was your weekend?
Mine was pretty low-key and included lots of rest and relaxation, family time, delicious food, and I didn’t turn on my computer once all weekend, which was amazing. That said, here are some snapshots from my weekend!
1. Mal and I ordered Chinese food and watched World War Z on Friday night. It was a great way to end the week.
2. On Saturday night, Mal built the first fire of the season in our fireplace. Murphy, the little sneak, tried to snag kindling all night long.
3. Saturday night’s dinner was Cheesy Garlic & Herb Brussels Sprouts with Sausage. We used frozen Brussels sprouts instead of fresh to make it, which I would not recommend. The meal still tasted fine, but it was pretty mushy.
4. I also whipped up a batch of my Mom’s Apple Crisp on Saturday night. It was the first of the season and tasted incredible!
5. Matthew met Murphy for the first time on Sunday afternoon. He wasn’t sure what to think.
6. On Sunday morning, I went for a 3-mile run, and it was so peaceful and relaxing. The weather and colors of the season were perfect.
7. When I was cleaning the house on Saturday morning, I spotted Murphy sleeping while sitting up on the sun porch. So cute.
8. Appetizers for my mom’s birthday party on Sunday afternoon.
9. My sister and Matthew. Don’t you love his onesie? Adorable!
10. My sister suggested Make-Your-Own-Sandwiches for my mom’s birthday lunch, which sounded great, so I bought all sorts of goodies for it.
11. My sandwich creation: Whole Food’s Sonoma chicken salad with Swiss cheese and cucumber slices on an onion roll. Delish!
12. Murphy tried on his Halloween costume to make sure he still liked it. (He does.)
13. The Cutest Baby on Earth at our family portrait photo shoot yesterday afternoon. (My sister and I coordinated it for my mom. We’ve never had a professional photo taken as a family.)
14. My mom’s chocolate mousse birthday cake. It was heavenly!
15. Grandma with Matthew during the photo shoot.
16. Mal skipping rocks at the photo shoot. Him and my brother-in-law were playing some sort of game. Boys.
17. Another scene from the photo shoot. I can’t wait to see how the photos came out!
18. After the photo shoot, Mal and I went out to dinner at Hingham Beer Works. Part of my dinner included the loaded mashed potatoes. Holy yum!
Questions of the Day
How was your weekend?
Has your family ever taken a professional family photo together?
P.S. You still have time to enter the Sweet Pea Bakery giveaway! I will pick a winner this afternoon!