Apparently, this snow is making me crazy (ok, maybe impulsive is a better word for it) because I just registered for the Rugged Maniac 5K in North Carolina. Get me out of this snow hell hole!
Who am I?!? I need to stop registering for races! I already have four on my calendar in just as many months. Races and travel are expensive! Monica even warned me about this urge to register for every race imaginable after my marathon. Crap. Must stop immediately.
Lunch looked really bland with its shades of brown, but I swear it tasted delicious!
I made this recipe for Parmesan Roasted Potatoes from Real Simple this afternoon. I really love potatoes. I wish they didn’t get such a bad rap. You don’t have to eat them deep fried and covered in salt!
I also ate a leftover Salmon-Quinoa Burger, which I am now officially sick of eating. Good thing it was the last one!
After lunch, I got my bake on. It’s Cookie Friday after all!
Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
Makes approximately 20 cookies
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 2.25 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp butterscotch extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Use a tablespoon to portion out dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until edges of cookies start to brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
The cookies turned out great””firm on the outside, soft on the inside, and butterscotch sweet!
P.S. For those of you visiting Boston, The Colonnade is offering 20% off their best rate for CNC readers. Just use the promo code CarrotsNCake when booking.