Moving Billboard

Hello, friends!

The other day, I read an article about creative ways to make some extra cash. One of the ideas was basically turning your car into a moving billboard by advertising on it. Apparently, you can make some serious dinero doing this. One company who does this type of advertising, Free Car Media, says they’ll pay up to $900 per month! Crazy, right? 

2012-03-06_1004

I’m all about moneymaking ideas, but I’m on the fence about this one. My car is old and sort of a piece of crap, so wrapping it in advertising actually wouldn’t be all that bad, but it would still look ridiculous no matter what.

Would you turn your car into a moving billboard if it earned you an extra $900/month?

Breakfast

I don’t know about you (maybe I’m weird), but before I fall asleep at night, I almost always think about what I’m going to eat for breakfast the next morning. Breakfast is by far my favorite  meal of the day, so I get excited for it. Last night was no different: I wanted pancakes for breakfast. 

Pancakes take a little more effort than the average breakfast, so I whipped up the batter last night and stored it in the refrigerator overnight, so all I had to do was cook it in the morning. I added a layer of Barney Butter to the top of my pancake this morning.

2012-03-06_0800

Almond Pancake for One

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp almond flour/meal
  • 1 tbsp almond butter
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract

Directions:

  1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend well. (You could always mix by hand; it’ll just take some elbow grease to get the batter really smooth.)
  2. Pour batter onto a pre-heated, coated-in-non-stick-cooking-spray skillet or fry pan. Cook and flip.
  3. Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit, nut butter, and other favorite toppings.

Lunch

I spent a few hours at NuVal this morning, so I packed a large snack/small lunch to eat while there: sweet potato wedges + a container of plain Greek yogurt. Both were very satisfying and kept me full for a few hours.

Snack

When I got home from NuVal, I made myself a delicious Coconut-Kale smoothie. I can’t put my finger on the exact flavor of it, but it tastes very ‘tropical.’ (I wonder how it would taste with a little bit of rum in it?) The coconut flavor is fairly dominate, but the sweetness of banana and honey seem to mellow it out. It’s just really tasty– and nutritious!

Coconut-Kale Smoothie

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup frozen chopped kale
  • 1 banana
  • 1.5 cups coconut milk
  • 1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1/4 tsp coconut extract
  • 1 handful ice

Directions: Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Drink and enjoy!

Off to walk the pug and then CrossFit! I’m excited for tonight’s WOD!

89 Comments

  1. Hello, I have just started reading through your blog and I’m loving it 🙂

    LOL I don’t think I could drive around in a troll-painted car, even for $900 a month!

    Your pancake looks delicious. Sadly, I never have much luck cooking pancakes!

  2. I was rear ended and while my car was being fixed I used a loaner car from the dealership. It had a giant logo on both sides of the car. I thought it looked silly but if I was getting paid.. I might do it.

  3. For $900 I would definitely do it for at least a couple of months!
    I’m so glad I’m not the only weirdo that thinks about breakfast all evening! I was inspired by you a couple of months ago to try oatmeal with peanut butter and I’ve had it everyday since! I soooo look forward to it and love it!! Thanks!

  4. I just signed up 🙂 I am poorer than poor right now whilst pursuing my dreams…would love to not be scrounging up money constantly.

  5. I’d totally got for the extra cash! Especially being on the super tight budget (my income is 98% from SSI due to disability, the other 2% I get doing really long really boring paid surveys online) so even if I flew their wrap for 2 months, that’s 2 extra month’s income for me.

  6. Hmmm, I’m on the fence about the car thing too. That IS a lot of money, but totally embarrassing. At least you could probably count on your car not getting stolen, LOL!

  7. I love throwing kale in my “tropical” smoothies. 🙂 As for the car, IDK if I could do it. MAYBE if it were an ad for something cool. I like the idea of skinning cars a lot more than putting up more billboards and a ton more than those horrible billboards on wheels that clog traffic in places like Vegas. Luckily, I haven’t really seen those around Boston!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *