Happy Monday, friends!
It's time for my weekly Monday In Meals post, where I share what I ate throughout the day. Yesterday was an especially tasty day of eats with many of my favorite foods and combinations in the mix. My meals also came together quickly and effortlessly, thanks to a super efficient Sunday prep. Guys, it was only 45 minutes! Woohoo! I love when prep day comes together like that. Anyway, here's a recap of my meals from Monday. After that, for those of you who are interested, I share what I *think* has cured my eczema.
- Breakfast: Cauliflower rice burrito bowl + iced coffee with coconut creamer and collagen
- Post-workout: Protein shake + Pecan Sticky Bun iced coffee + a banana
- Lunch: Ground chicken with kale, broccoli, buffalo sauce and a drizzle of Ranch dressing = obsessed
- Dinner: Chicken thighs with roasted red potatoes, carrots, and onions + a side salad with a homemade ACV dressing
- Dessert: PB2 mixed with unsweetened coconut cooking oil spread on top of two rice cakes with chocolate chips
Ok, so remember that weird eye eczema that showed up back in December? Well, it continued to pop up throughout the holidays and even into January. I initially thought it might be related to stress (it still might be?), and it would get better for a bit, but then get worse and spread to other parts of my face and neck. Blahhhhh. Of course, I consulted Dr. Google on a few occasions and found some interesting information/studies about PUFAs and eczema, which immediately made sense to me with regard to the timing of my eye/face/neck flares (i.e. dining out, eating Mal's leftover truffle fries, the holiday season). So, now I'm paying a lot more attention to the PUFAs in my diet (hence PB2 instead of peanut butter above) and things have calmed down on the eczema front. Hopefully, I'm on to something with this PUFA stuff, and I won't have to deal with that again!
Question of the Day
Have you ever experienced a drastic improvement in a health condition/issue once you changed your diet?