Hi, guys! Happy Hump Day!
Here’s the next edition of Monday In Meals, which just happens to be a “special” edition because I didn’t have very much food prepped for the week. I was out-of-town and didn’t get my act together until late in the day on Monday… well, yesterday… sort of. I’m leaving for San Diego tomorrow afternoon, so I only did a little prep because I’m fairly positive Mal and Quinn will order take-out/go out to a restaurant/wing it/not eat while I’m away.
Anyway, here’s a recap of what I ate throughout the day on Monday when I didn’t meal prep. You’ll see that my food is not “curated.” These Monday In Meal posts are ACTUALLY what I eat throughout the day, both good and bad. I also include some staples that I like to have in my kitchen when I’m unprepared and need a healthy meal ASAP. Would love to hear your favorites, too! 🙂
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with leftover broccoli rice + iced coffee mixed with Dandy Blend, coconut creamer, and collagen + half of a glazed donut
- Snack: Bread from Not Your Average Joe’s with dipping oil
- Lunch: Thinly-sliced beef with bacon, roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli florets, and the rest of the broccoli rice + a Beauty Burst
- Dinner: Ground chicken with roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli, and blue cheese crumbles
- Dessert: Fig Bar with cashew butter spread on top
My favorite staples for QUICK & EASY meal prep:
- ground meat (chicken, turkey, sausage, beef) <— cooks fast
- frozen veggies
- frozen shelled edamame
- riced cauliflower or broccoli (both fresh and frozen)
- canned tuna or salmon
- eggs and liquid egg whites
- high-protein pasta
- sweet potatoes/potatoes <— a big batch of roasted potatoes will go in all sorts of meals throughout the week
- buffalo sauce
- avocado or guacamole
- silicone non-stick baking mats <— not food, but life-changing for quick prep!
Question of the Day
What are your favorite staples for quick and easy meal prep?