Good morning and happy Tuesday to you!
Here’s the next edition of Monday In Meals where I document what I ate over the course of the day. As you’ll see, I typically have a mix of healthy and fun eats, which, of course, is the basis of this blog– having your carrots and cake, too! And I hope my recaps give you some tasty ideas for your own meals and snacks. That said, here’s a recap of my Monday in meals!
Monday In Meals (top left – right):
- Fruit & Nut KIND Bar – I ate this in the car on my way to a Whole Foods event out in Westford, Massachusetts. (FYI: The new location opens TOMORROW!) I was hungry and knew I probably wouldn’t eat dinner for another 3+ hours, so I snacked on this to hold me over.
- Tomato, Basil & Goat Cheese Egg White Frittata + Breakfast Potatoes + an almond milk iced latte (unpictured) – I prepped the frittata and potatoes on Sunday, so I just had to reheat them in the morning. Easy-peasy!
- No-Bake Lemon Coconut Protein Bar – I ate this bar after CrossFit. I had already drank a protein shake, but I was hungry and still needed to shower and do a few things around the house before I could make lunch. I’ll share the recipe on CNC tomorrow. You’ll definitely want to try these babies! So good!
- Shrimp Lettuce Wraps from the BBC – I went out to dinner with my mom after the Whole Foods event and ordered these for dinner. I love lettuce wraps as a quick, easy and, well, kind of lazy meal since you can throw them together in a matter of minutes and just about anything goes for ingredients. Unfortunately, I forgot the BBC’s portion was kind of skimpy, so I ate an…
- OCHO Organic Peanut Butter Bar on the drive home, which, of course, I’m not complaining about at all. It was realllllly tasty. If you’re a peanut butter fan, you will love this bar!
- Post-workout protein shake made with SFH vanilla recovery – I drank this right after CrossFit.
- Garlic Mustard Drumsticks + cauliflower rice and white rice mixed together (I also add butter and garlic powder) – It was quite a tasty lunch!
- Greek yogurt with Peanut Butter Puffins (unpictured) – A delicious and protein-packed afternoon snack!
Question of the Day
What are some of your favorite “lazy” meals?
Other favorites: Omelets with cheese and lots of veggies, tuna melts, Edamame pasta with veggies and Parm cheese, Greek yogurt with cereal and fruit.
P.S. Nikki’s Coconut Butter is offering 15% off orders just in time for Mother’s Day with code iloveyoumom. It’s only valid until TONIGHT (5/3) because they need to ship jars to arrive in time for Mother’s Day. If you’re looking for a last-minute Mother’s Day gift, be sure to hop on it!