Up until recently, Quinn wasn't a picky eater. He'd pretty much eat whatever we put in front of him, but now it's a bit more of a challenge. He definitely has his favorite foods-- we joke he's going to turn into cottage cheese because he eats so much of it-- so we're not worried about him getting enough calories, but we're always trying to get more nutrients in him.
Last week, I whipped up a batch of mini muffins with shredded carrot and zucchini mixed in, and they were a huge hit with him. Yay, veggies! I thought some of the other mamas out there might be able to relate to picky eating, so here's the recipe. I hope your little one enjoys these muffins as much as Quinn!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (unpacked) brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine above ingredients in a mixing bowl until batter is smooth.
- Coat a mini muffin tray with non-stick spray (or fill with paper liners) and pour batter evenly into nine cups.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes until tops are firm to the tough and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
Recipes makes 9 mini muffins