This Mediterranean cauliflower rice bowl made with ground sausage, tomatoes, cucumber and feta makes for a flavorful low-carb meal. It’s the perfect summer dish to enjoy outdoors. Gluten-free and grain-free.
I love the flavors of Mediterranean food. Anyone else? They are always so fresh, and Mediterranean food usually makes me feel really good too. No wonder the Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest in the world!
These low-carb cauliflower rice bowls have a Mediterranean vibe from the cucumber, tomatoes, and feta, but are jazzed up with Italian sausage and Italian dressing. Let’s just say, there is definitely a lot going on in this one-bowl meal: a delightful mix of textures and flavors, slightly sweet dressing + salty feta. Holy yum!
Additionally, this recipe is easy to whip up on the stove (no need to turn on the hot oven in the summer for this recipe) in under 30 minutes. It’s also low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, and macro-friendly (and dairy-free if you skip the feta cheese).
I hope you enjoy this recipe. We will be enjoying it al fresco on our porch all summer long!
Ingredients in Mediterranean Cauliflower Rice Bowl:
- ground Italian sausage
- grape tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- riced cauliflower
- Italian dressing
- crumbled feta cheese
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment below letting me know how it turns out. Your feedback is so helpful for the CNC team and other CNC readers.Print
- 1 pound Italian ground sausage
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 16 ounces riced cauliflower
- 4 Tablespoons Italian dressing of choice
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- salt + pepper to taste
- Cook Italian sausage is a large skillet. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Continue to heat until sausage is fully cooked. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Place cauliflower rice in the fat from the sausage in the skillet. Heat until translucent.
- Slice grape tomatoes in half and cut cucumber into 1/4-inch pieces. Combine tomatoes and cucumber with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Combine cauliflower rice with sausage and then top with cucumber + tomato mixture, Italian dressing, and crumbled feta.
- Divide between 4 dishes and dig in!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 589
- Fat: 43
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Protein: 34
Keywords: cauliflower rice bowl
Do you have a favorite cauliflower rice recipe?
Looking for more low-carb recipes?