I made a delicious bowl of oatmeal for breakfast this morning and, boy, was it satisfying. I forgot how filling a simple bowl of oatmeal can be!
This bowl of oatmeal was particularly satisfying because I added a little extra protein in the form of liquid egg whites. Egg whites mixed into oatmeal might sound a little weird, but if you get the measurement just right, you won’t even taste them, but you”ll still get the nutrient benefits of protein in your diet.
Between the egg whites, rolled oats, and the scoop of almond butter that I added just before eating, this breakfast packs around 20 grams of protein, which kept me full straight through until lunch. So if you’re looking for a tasty breakfast that will keep you going all morning long, this recipe is for you!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites (or two large egg whites)
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a pot on the stovetop.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until oatmeal thickens to your desired consistency.
- Remove from heat, pour into a bowl, and serve with your favorite toppings, such as a scoop of nut butter for added protein and some healthy fats.