The marathon is getting so close!! I can’t believe that it’s a little over two weeks away. I feels like we were just signing up for it! It’s getting real, people! 😯
A special box with all of our Team In Training gear arrived in the mail today.
Inside was our uniforms, t-shirts, emergency bracelets, dinner and party tickets, flight and hotel information, etc.
Wow, it’s really starting to hit me. In 17 short days, I’m going to run a 26.2 miles (in a row). I’m nervous, but so excited! We’ll be in Phoenix before I know it! 😀
Thanks for everyone’s music suggestions on this morning’s post. Check out the marathon mix that I created tonight:
- Whataya Want from Me 3:47 Adam Lambert
- More Than A Feeling 4:47 Boston Boston
- Born to Run 4:30 Bruce Springsteen
- Short Skirt, Long Jacket 3:28 Cake
- Evacuate the Dancefloor 3:28 Cascada
- Lost! 3:57 Coldplay
- Made Up My Mind 3:44 David Gray
- Hey Hey 3:06 The Elms
- Whatcha Say 3:43 Jason DerÃ¼lo
- Run This Town 4:28 Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- Don’t Stop Believin’ 4:11 Journey
- Teenage Dream 3:48 Katy Perry
- Firework 3:48 Katy Perry
- Tik Tok 3:20 Ke$ha
- We R Who We R 3:25 Ke$ha
- Let It Rock 3:51 Kevin Rudolf & Lil Wayne
- Bad Romance 4:54 Lady GaGa
- Alejandro 4:34 Lady GaGa
- Monster 4:09 Lady GaGa
- Speechless 4:31 Lady GaGa
- Dance In the Dark 4:49 Lady GaGa
- Telephone (feat. BeyoncÃ©) 3:41 Lady GaGa
- So Happy I Could Die 3:55 Lady GaGa
- Teeth 3:41 Lady GaGa
- Just Dance (feat. Colby O’Donis) 4:02 Lady GaGa
- LoveGame 3:36 Lady GaGa
- Paparazzi 3:28 Lady GaGa
- Poker Face 3:57 Lady GaGa
- Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say) 2:55 Lady GaGa
- Beautiful, Dirty, Rich 2:52 Lady GaGa
- The Fame 3:42 Lady GaGa
- Money Honey 2:50 Lady GaGa
- Starstruck (feat. Space Cowboy & Flo Rida) 3:37 Lady GaGa
- Boys Boys Boys 3:21 Lady GaGa
- Paper Gangsta 4:23 Lady GaGa
- Brown Eyes 4:03 Lady GaGa
- I Like It Rough 3:22 Lady GaGa
- Summerboy 4:14 Lady GaGa
- Disco Heaven 3:41 Lady GaGa
- Bad Romance (Starsmith Remix) 4:56 Lady GaGa
- Paper Planes 3:24 M.I.A.
- Hung Up 5:38 Madonna
- Man In the Mirror 5:19 Michael Jackson
- P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing) 3:46 Michael Jackson
- All the Right Moves 3:58 OneRepublic
- Raise Your Glass 3:23 P!nk
- Disturbia 3:59 Rihanna
- Only Girl (In the World) 3:55 Rihanna
- Dynamite 3:24 Taio Cruz
- You Belong With Me 3:51 Taylor Swift
My marathon mix includes 50 songs (heavy on the Gaga) and lasts 3.2 hours. I’ll hear songs more than once, but there’s enough variety that I won’t get sick of listening to them.
Tonight’s dinner was a romaine salad with leftover quinoa, roasted brussels sprouts, baked tofu chunks, homemade croutons, tomatoes, and balsamic vinegar.
On the side, I had a serving with parsnip chips.
I did it! I went all day without any sweets, so I enjoyed two small bowls of Half Baked FroYo and a pint of coffee-chocolate porter. (The beer was my husband’s idea!) Both treats were totally worth the wait!
I’m actually surprised how ”˜easy’ it was to hold off those sugar cravings throughout the day. I definitely experienced them, but knowing that I could enjoy a special something at the end of the day was really all of the motivation that I needed. (Who knew?!) Tomorrow’s another day. Let’s hope that I can do it again!
Mal and I are running 10 miles with our team tomorrow morning. It’s the last run with the people training for the Disney Marathon & Half Marathon, which is NEXT weekend!!