This Instant Pot Orange Chicken is a delicious, high protein recipe that is a healthier version of your takeout favorite.
Who doesn’t love Chinese takeout!? I sure do… but I don’t always love how it makes me feel. This orange chicken recipe is a healthier version of that takeout style favorite. It’s full of flavor from orange juice, coconut aminos, garlic and ginger. The optional cilantro and green onion garnish add a nice fresh finish. You serve this over rice or cauliflower rice, or eat as is for a lower carb option.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s all done in the Instant Pot – the hero of my kitchen! Anytime I can make dinner in the Instant Pot is a win for me. This is a no-stress recipe – no need to stand over the stove or spend a lot of time chopping and stirring. The sweet and sticky sauce and tender chicken is all cooked in the same kitchen appliance. No big mess or clean-up required.
The next time you’re thinking about ordering Chinese takeout, pull up this recipe – you’ll be glad you did!
INGREDIENTS IN INSTANT POT ORANGE CHICKEN
- avocado oil
- chicken breast (skinless, boneless)
- orange juice
- coconut aminos
- apple cider vinegar
- powdered ginger
- minced garlic
- all-purpose flour (or arrowroot powder for gluten-free)
Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
This Instant Pot Orange Chicken is a delicious, high-protein recipe that is a healthier version of your takeout favorite.
- 1 lb chicken breast (skinless, boneless, cut into cubes)
- 1/3 cup orange juice + orange zest to taste
- 2 1/2 tbsps coconut aminos
- 2 tbsps apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp all-purpose flour or arrowroot powder for gluten-free
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped, optional)
- Place chicken in the instant pot.
- In a small bowl, add the orange juice, zest, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, ginger, and garlic and mix well. Pour into the instant pot.
- Put the lid on and set to “sealing” then press manual/pressure cooker and cook for 10 minutes on high pressure. Once finished, do a quick release.
- Carefully open the lid and remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the flour/arrowroot powder to the instant pot liquid and mix well to thicken.
- Add the chicken back to the thickened sauce. Divide evenly between plates and top with cilantro, if using. Enjoy!
Keywords: orange chicken
If you want more delicious and easy macro-friendly recipes, check out my book, The Everything Macro Diet Cookbook. It includes 300 recipes for every meal and sample meal plans to make shopping and meal prep easier than ever!
Get freebies in your inbox!
You’ll receive the latest tips, advice, meal plans, workouts, giveaways, deals, and more straight to your inbox every week. Sign up here!
You may also enjoy: