I tried. Really, I tried.
I tried really hard to get an appetizing shot of this meal, but it just never happened. I apologize, and I assure you it’s a really tasty recipe. Just try to put the way it looks behind you, okay?
When I posted a picture of this meal on Instagram the other night, a bunch of you guys wanted the recipe, so here it is. Again, I swear it tastes better than it looks.
(Please note the pug tongue in the lower right-hand corner of the photo above. What a little butthead. Murphy will never try to eat food off of my plate, but he definitely pushes the envelope when he can!)
Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Bake
- 4-5 cups of cooked spaghetti squash
- 3/4 pound ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 cup peas (I used frozen)
6 wedges of Garlic & Herb* cheese from The Laughing Cow
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook ground beef and peas as directed.
- In a large mixing bowl, while they are still warm, combine spaghetti squash, ground beef, and peas with the Laughing Cow cheese wedges until cheesy is fully blended.
- Mix in grated Parmesan, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the entire mixture into a 9” X 9” baking dish, spread evenly, and flatten with a spatula.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top begins to lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
Makes 4 servings
*I originally planned to make this recipe with the White Cheddar flavor, but Stop & Shop didn’t have it, so I went with the Garlic & Herb instead. The Garlic & Herb was definitely delicious, but I think the White Cheddar might be better since it has a stronger, cheesier flavor. Just throwing it out there as a suggestion!
I am an official brand advocate for Bel Brands in 2013. While I receive compensation for participation as a brand advocate, opinions are my own.