A couple of weeks ago, I blogged about some of our favorite baby items that we use all the time and can’t live without now that Q is here. I didn’t talk about any of the other stuff, like burp cloths, sheets, swaddles, and the like, so here’s a brief summary of what we currently own, love, and works for us! (I know some of you guys are working on your baby registries right now, so I hope this post helps!)
- Swaddles (5): We love the Summer Adjustable Swaddles! I received a 3-pack at my shower and then my sister gave me a couple of Matthew’s swaddles that he outgrew, so now we have 5, which is plenty. Q uses one swaddle every night for bed, so unless we have a poop explosion or major spit-up disaster, he’ll wear the same one for a few nights in a row.
- Burp cloths (13): When I made my baby registry, I had no clue how many burp cloths we’d actually use. (I knew nothing about babies!) I originally registered for a set of 4, but within a couple of weeks of having Q home, I was already ordering more online… and then again a couple of weeks later. Q doesn’t spit-up a ton, but one good spit-up will soak a burp cloth, so we usually go through about two each day. When we only had 4 burp cloths, we did laundry just about every day, so we definitely needed to buy more. Now, we have a whole bunch of them and life is so much better! Haha! These burp cloths from Carter’s are THE BEST. They’re big, thick, and dry quickly. I also like these ones from Gerber.
- Washcloths (12): At my baby shower, I received two 6-packs of washcloths, which are more than enough. (We still haven’t used them all.) Obviously, we use washcloths at bath time, but they’re also great for cleaning eye boogers and icky hands and feet. Q also uses them as “rally rags.” He loves holding them and whipping them around!
- Changing pad cover (0): Save your money, people! I registered for a cute changing pad cover and ended up throwing it away the first week we were home from the hospital. Q peed on it, so we put it in the laundry. When it was clean, we put it back on the changing pad. Then, there was a poop explosion, so we washed it again. And then Q spit-up on it, so we washed it again. The cover was in the laundry more than it was on the actual changing pad, so we finally just ended up tossing it. Plus, it was so much easier to just wipe down the changing pad with a disinfecting wipe anytime there was a pee/poop/spit-up incident.
- Pack ‘N’ Play sheets (2): When one gets dirty, we swap it out with a clean one. If they are both dirty at the same time, Q just goes without a sheet until one is clean again.
- Crib sheets (2): Same as the Pack ‘N’ Play sheets. Q isn’t sleeping in his crib quite yet, but I assume that is how things will work.
- Onesies (10+): As soon as Q was born, he was too big for his newborn onesies, so I’m glad we had plenty of bigger (3-month) onesies for him to wear. Q typically wears one onesie per day, but if he spits-up a lot or we have a poop mishap, he’ll end up wearing two. Having 10+ is nice because I don’t need to do laundry all the time. (FYI: I didn’t register for any onesies. People love giving adorable baby clothes, so we received plenty as gifts.)
- Bottles (10): My friend Jen gave me like 20 bottles in addition to the ones I got at my shower, so we have a ridiculous number of them in our house, but we only use about 10 on the regular. FYI: When Mal and I went to the baby safety class, the nurses suggested buying the cheapest bottles first to see how your baby would like them before trying the more expensive ones just to save you money and give you options if your baby is picky about nipples/bottles. Thankfully, Q isn’t picky at all and immediately liked the cheap-y bottles we bought him.
The PTV: Smoothies and Juices Giveaway
Thanks to everyone who entered to win a copy of my new book: The Part Time Vegetarian (PTV) Smoothies and Juices! Here are your winners:
My favorite smoothie: frozen cherries, add some blueberries, plain greek yogurt, ground flaxseed and almond milk. Great after a run!
My go-to juice is kale, celery, cucumber, ginger and apple.
For a smoothie I love coffee, frozen banana, spinach (or kale), peanut butter and cocoa powder, delicious!
Any fruit combination mixed with ground flaxseed and chia seeds!
Thanks for the giveaway It’s extra special because it’s YOUR book!
I love a smoothie with strawberries, a frozen banana, and almond milk.
I’ve always been a faithful spinach with any fruit and vege I have on hand thrown in – but I must say my new favorite is your watermelon cucumber recipe. Delish!
Congrats!! Please email me at email@example.com with your full name and mailing address to claim your prize!
Questions of the Day
Moms, what baby products did you have too many of or not enough of?
How many burp cloths do you own?
Freebies for You
If you’re looking for FREE macro-friendly recipes (weekly) and meal plans (monthly), be sure to sign up for my email list!
Join my FREE 5-Day Macro Bootcamp to learn all about getting started with tracking macros!
Want to eat your carrots and cake, too? Check out my macro plan and nutrition coaching options!