I’m still on a seriously blue cheese kick over here! I just can’t get enough of it lately. And when combined with buffalo sauce, it’s the greatest flavor combination ever. My taste buds get all amped up! Can taste buds get amped up? Maybe? Probably? Ya, let’s go with it. (Side note: Have you ever tried blue cheese with honey? OMGGG. It’s also an incredible flavor combination. Try it if you haven’t!)
Banza is a high-protein and high-fiber pasta made from chickpeas. A lot of “alternative” pastas on the market have a weird taste and texture, but Banza is the closest to tradition pasta I’ve tried. Once cooked, it’s soft and chewy just like the real deal. In fact, it’s so darn delicious, it’s become a staple for a quick dinners in our house, including this Buffalo Blue Chicken Pasta.
If you prep the chicken and onions ahead of time, the meal comes together in no time with very little effort – basically, you just need to cook the pasta. It’s easy-peasy and the end result is a well-balanced and satisfying meal!
High-Protein Buffalo Blue Chicken Pasta
- 4 ounces Banza shells (uncooked)
- 4 ounces shredded chicken breast
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 3 tbsp buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 tsp ghee/butter
- Cook chicken in an instant pot or crockpot; shred with a fork. (Best prepped ahead of time.)
- Cook pasta as directed; drain water.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion in ghee/butter (or other cooking fat of choice) until soft and translucent.
- When pasta is finished cooking, pour it into a large mixing bowl. Combine with buffalo sauce, onions, and shredded chicken.
Divide pasta between 2 plates (or glass containers). Top with blue cheese crumbles.
Macros per serving: P 32 C 36 F 18
P.S. If you haven’t yet, be sure to enter my giveaway to win a pair of CNC leggings. I’ll pick the winners tomorrow morning! If you’re thinking about purchasing a pair, you can get 10% off with promo code carrotsncake. They’re only available for a limited time, so be sure to hop on it! 🙂