I can’t believe it’s already September 12th! Wasn’t it just September 1st? Holy cow. I can’t believe the month is moving along so quickly, but, hey, I’m not complaining. BRING ON FALL!
Speaking of which, Mal and I sat on the couch last night and coordinated our calendars for the upcoming season (while Murphy snoozed on my lap).
I knew things were going to be a little hectic this fall, but I didn’t realize just how crazy they’re going to be until last night. Check out the next two months!
- September 15: Matthew’s baptism
- September 18: My sister’s birthday
- September 20: Housewarming get-together
- September 21: 2-year CrossFit 781 anniversary party
- September 22: NYC
- September 23-25: Cooking Cottage in the Hamptons
- September 26-27: Visit to the CVS headquarters
- October 1: No Meat Athlete book signing
- October 4-7: Newport, Rhode Island
- October 11-13: Wedding
- October 17-20: Runner’s World Half Marathon
- October 18: Mom’s birthday
- October 22-23: NYC (tentative)
- October 26-27: CrossFit competition (tentative)
- November 7-10: Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
Lots of fun stuff, right? It’s going to be a busy couple of months, but I am pumped!
Also, last night, I made a really tasty recipe for “fried” Brussels sprouts. Instead of breading and deep frying them in oil, I baked them in a lighter batter of almond meal, egg whites, and grated Parmesan cheese. They turned out so well, I just had to share!
Healthy “Fried” Brussels Sprouts
- 24 ounces of Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites (or 2 large)
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Be sure to fully coat Brussels sprouts.
- Pour Brussels sprouts on a prepared baking sheet (I used non-stick cooking spray) and spread around evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until Brussels sprouts start to brown, tossing occasionally.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Murphy was so cute during my Brussels sprouts photoshoot, I just had a snap a picture. He loves the warm spots on the sun porch.
Health News & Views
Craving something sweet? Perhaps a cookie? Well, look no further! Here’s a tasty round-up of some of my favorite (ever) cookie recipes. From gluten- and egg-free to no-bake varieties, there’s a cookie for everyone!
All of these cookies are made with wholesome ingredients, so you can fully indulge without guilt. Go ahead and have a cookie-or two!
Healthy Cookie Recipe Round-Up
Questions of the Day
What are you looking forward to this fall?
What’s your favorite roasted vegetable?
Do you coordinate calendars with your significant other?
P.S. The Jimmy Fund Council of Greater Boston is putting on their third annual “Raise Your Glass for Jimmy” wine-tasting event to benefit the Jimmy Fund on September 25th at The Liberty Hotel. Details here!
P.P.S. I’m hosting a Twitter chat TODAY at 1:00 PM (EST) with The Laughing Cow. The hashtag is #FallRoutines. I hope you can make it!
I was raised on a farm, this is my every day experience.