Crispy popcorn chicken doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure. Enjoy this lighter baked version for a game day snack or as a fun and easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large cubes
- 1⁄4 cup dried bread crumbs or Panko
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken and toss to coat. In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, and remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt.
- Dredge coated chicken in the bread crumb mixture until evenly coated. Place chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12–15 minutes or until cooked through. Serve hot.
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 911mg
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 36g