I think I may have recreated the Grilled Banana Sandwich from Mike & Patty’s!! Welllll, I came pretty close. Theirs is still better! 😉
Mike & Patty’s actually uses a cinnamon-sugar butter that they spread all over the bread (inside and out). Plus, they do something special to the banana slices that makes them all gooey and sweet. I guess mine is the Lazy (Wo)Man’s Grilled Banana Sandwich. 😉
Grilled Banana Sandwich
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine canola oil, brown sugar, vanilla extra, and about 1 tsp of cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix until it becomes a brown sugar paste.
- Heat a fry pan on medium heat and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread half of the brown sugar mixture on the outside of one piece of bread. Put the brown sugar side face down in the fry pan. Meanwhile, add the banana slices, a tiny bit of the brown sugar paste, and more cinnamon.
- Take the second piece of bread and cover the outside with the remaining brown sugar paste. Then place it on top of the banana slices (brown sugar side facing up).
- Press sandwich with a spatula and flip to cook the other side.
- Cook until outside of sandwich is lightly browned and crispy.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Ohmigod, this sandwich was delicious! The bread was amazing— soft yet sweet and crispy on the outside. It’s a MUST-TRY!
I also drank some iced coffee with breakfast.
Mid-morning, I snacked on a big ol’ pancake, which was leftover from Mal’s breakfast. (We did our own thing this morning.)
My hip is feeling a bit better lately, so I’m heading out for a short run now.
See ya! 😎