Good morning! Happy Sunday, friends!
I am just popping in to share a delicious pancake recipe with you that Mal and I thoroughly enjoyed for breakfast this morning. Seriously, it was heavenly: Gluten-free Pancakes with Honey-Almond Butter. OMG, yum.
My inspiration for the honey-almond butter actually came from B. Matthew’s Eatery in Savannah. The restaurant serves their freshly baked bread with the most amazing honey-almond butter, and I just had to recreate it at home. And, oh wow, it’s incredible.
The gluten-free pancakes are made with almond meal, ricotta, and almond milk, which gives them a rich and hearty flavor along with lots of moisture and chew””the texture is almost like that of a muffin. This recipe is definitely a keeper, and I hope you enjoy it as much as Mal and I did this morning! (He’s still talking about how delicious they tasted!)
Gluten-free Pancakes with Honey-Almond Butter
Makes 8-10 pancakes
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- To make Honey-Almond Butter, combine butter with honey and almond extract by hand in a small bowl.
- Next combine pancake ingredients in a separate mixing bowl until smooth.
- Heat pan (or griddle) over medium heat; coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter onto the pan/griddle and use the backside of a spoon to shape it.
- Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Cook on the other side for about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with Honey-Almond Butter and maple syrup (optional).