Hi, guys! Happy Saturday! Just wanted to share a fun recipe that I created for The Laughing Cow the other day.
These Gluten-Free Golf Green Apple Muffins turned out so well, and they’d be perfect for any kind of golf-themed get-together this spring, especially a brunch. They’re made with almond meal, chunks of apple, honey, pecans, and cinnamon, so they’re hearty, satisfying, and slightly sweet. The “frosting” is simply Light Swiss from The Laughing Cow mixed with green food coloring. The combination of sweet + cheesy + nutty is absolutely delicious!
Gluten-Free Golf Green Apple Muffins
Makes 6 muffins
- 1 cup almond meal (or almond flour)
- 1 small apple or half of a large, diced into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- pinch of salt
- 6 wedges of Light Swiss from The Laughing Cow
- green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, butter, oil, or use paper liners.
- Combine all muffin ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend well.
- Pour batter between six muffin tins and spread tops evenly with a spatula or back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until tops begin to lightly brown.
- Meanwhile, make frosting by combining Light Swiss and 6-8 drops of food coloring in a small bowl and mixing well. Set aside.
- Remove muffins from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing them from muffin tin.
- Allow muffins to cool completely before frosting.
- Add golf flag and ball to top of muffin top before serving (optional).
The other day, my friends at The Laughing Cow sent me this “what is your snacking style?” flowchart, and I thought it was cool. Just wanted to share it with you guys!
I am an official brand advocate for Bel Brands in 2014. While I receive compensation for participation as a brand advocate, opinions are my own.