Good morning and happy, happy, happy Sunday to you!
This morning, I finally created a delicious batch of gluten-free and egg-free pancakes.
I know this might not sound terribly exciting to you, but I’ve actually tried for weeks to come up with a tasty recipe and haven’t had much luck.
I tried the whole chia egg thing and played around in the kitchen a lot, but I’d only end up with things similar to pancakes, but never anything close to the real deal.
Well, I finally got it right this morning””light, soft, chewy pancakes!
- 1 ripe medium banana
- 1 cup garbanzo and fava bean flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat pan (or griddle) over medium heat; coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour batter onto the pan/griddle and use the backside of a spoon to shape it.
- Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes and then flip. Cook on the other side for about 1 minute.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Makes 10 pancakes