Hi, happy Friday and happy first official day of Summer – wahoo!!
It’s been a very fun birthday week over here. I’m officially 39 and the final year of my thirties is off to a great start! 🙂 We’ve had such a great week, and we are looking forward to celebrating the first weekend of summer with a Dave Matthews Band concert (we have friends visiting from NYC), spectating a CrossFit competition, and my cousin’s baby shower. It’s going to be a busy one for sure!
Today’s Friday 5 is all about food and beauty, including my newest dairy-free protein powder obsession, an easy gluten-free mug cake recipe, and a Counterman product Mal loves (and I use, too!).
I hope you have a fabulous summer weekend!
1. Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Vegan Protein – I feel like I’m constantly on the hunt for a good plant-based protein powder. Ever since I discovered that I’m sensitive to beef, I haven’t been using beef collagen in my morning iced coffee and have been experimenting with other options. (I use marine collagen.) I recently found Nuzest: 100% plant-based, vegan-friendly, pea protein, dairy-free, gluten-free, GMO-free, and naturally sweetened. It does settle in my iced coffee a little bit, but not as bad as some other plant-based protein powders. The smooth vanilla flavor is unreal and what ultimately sold me. It’s not artificial-tasting or gritty – very smooth! 🙂 Oh, and the Fresh Coconut flavor is also awesome! You can also find some single sample sizes on Amazon if you’d like to try it before committing to a whole tub. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find the vanilla, but the coconut and chocolate are available in sample sizes!
2. Rose Gold Wine Tumbler with Lid – Wine tumblers are a must for summer! They keep wine cold on the beach or at a BBQ, and the lid makes it so wine doesn’t go everywhere when you’re playing a game of frisbee. I personally love the rose gold color, and the reasonable price. By the way, you can get one for FREE – click here.
3. Gluten-Free Funfetti Mug Cakes – I can’t get enough of this single-serving dessert lately! It’s so easy to make and so darn delicious! And best yet, it only requires 2 ingredients and a couple of minutes in the microwave. It’s the perfect single-serving dessert when you’re in the mood to celebrate! Dairy-free and egg-free.
4. Counterman Clarifying Toner Pads – Not just for the guys! I started using the toner pads I bought for Mal, and now I’m hooked. I love using them in the morning when I’m just not in the mood to wash my face. It’s a great way to refresh my skin with practically zero effort!
5. Lavash Lash Eyelash Growth Serum – I debated getting eye lash extensions for weeks and weeks. (If you follow me on Instagram, you probably remember the debate!) I love how they look, but they’re expensive and a pain in the butt to keep up. I ended up purchasing this Lavash Lash Eyelash Growth Serum (for only $30), and I am SO IMPRESSED by the results. My lashes look visibly longer in just a few weeks of applying it nightly. I’m a big fan!!
- Too Many Carbs on Plant-Based Diet
- Things I Bought On Amazon This Week
- Overnight Protein Oats with Riced Cauliflower
- 1 Month of Do-Anywhere Workouts
- Fitbit Versa Review
Sales of the Week
- The North Face Terry Dress (20% off)
- Nike Free RN Flyknit Running Shoe (25% off)
- Athleta Aqualuxe Bra-Sized Bikini Top (25% off)
- Athleta Affirmation 7/8 Tight (25% off)
- Madewell 10″ High-Rise Skinny Crop Jeans: Button Front Tencel Edition (extra 20% off sale styles with code ENJOY20)
- Madewell The Boxy-Crop Jean Jacket in Woodcourt Wash (extra 20% off sale styles with code ENJOY20)
Question of the Day
Do you have a favorite dairy-free protein powder?
This post contains some affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission from the company if you decide to purchase the product linked to. This compensation helps with expenses to keep CNC up and running. Thank you for your support!