Here are some eats from yesterday”¦ and then I have some fun “food crimes” to talk about!
Breakfast: Oatmeal + a fried egg + iced coffee with eggnog.
Lunch: Chunked chicken breast with roasted potatoes, steamed spinach, and buffalo sauce.
Snack: Marylou’s almond cookie coffee + Greek yogurt and granola.
Dinner: Cheeseburger Casserole (it was wicked good) + wine.
So, Quinn and I had a rough day yesterday. He’s teething and has a nasty cold, so he was cranky and unhappy for most of the day. Poor guy. However, at one point in the afternoon, Murphy jumped up on the couch behind him, so, totally unexpected, Quinn started to smile. It was absolutely adorable, and he kept turning around to look at Murphy and smiled at him every time. Too cute.
Quinn really loves this little furball.
Ok, time for some “food crimes”!
I saw an article in this month’s issue of Parents and thought some of these kid “food crimes” would make a fun post. Feel free to play along and fess up to your “meals misdemeanors” in the comment section below. I made note of which ones I am guilty of!
- Stalking: Munching only the tippy tops of broccoli spears. GUILTY (on occasion)
- Saucetitution: Cheapening a good steak by dipping it in ketchup before consumption. GUILTY. I love steak with BBQ sauce.
- Loafing: Refusing to eat a sandwich with crusts on it. NOT GUILTY. The crusts are the best part!
- Embezzlemint: Plunging a greedy hand into the candy dish on the counter at the local diner and walking out with ten customers’ worth of breath fresheners. NOT GUILTY. Those things actually skeeve me out!
- Snacketeering: Demanding Skittles in return for behaving. GUILTY. On Saturday, I asked Mal to get me Marylou’s since I woke up with Quinn at 4:30 AM.
- Cereal Killing: Digging through every box of cereal in the house and removing all the marshmallow bits and prizes, dooming the family to weeks of dull flakes at breakfast. GUILTY (sometimes)
- Patty Larceny: Eating the burger, not the lettuce, tomato, or multigrain bun that would “healthy up” dinner. NOT GUILTY. I’m not a picky eater and hate wasting food.
- Dessertion: Claiming to be full when the entrÃ©e is served””and mysteriously hungry when the ice cream comes out. GUILTY! So, so guilty.
Question of the Day
What are your food crimes?
P.S. Do you love eggnog as much as I do? Check out my newest recipe post: How to Make Your Own Lower-Calorie Eggnog Latte!