The long wait has finally ended! Yesterday afternoon kicked-off the Farmers' Market at Harvard, which is literally yards from my office building. I am so psyched to have easy access to good, fresh produce for the next 4 months!
For those of you nearby, the Farmers' Market at Harvard is open on Tuesdays from 12:30-6:00 pm on the lawn between Memorial Hall and the Science Center, near the intersection of Oxford and Kirkland Streets.
- Plato's Harvest Organic Farm - organic produce, eggs, and meats from Middleboro, MA
- Lanni Orchards - produce, herbs, flowers, and jams from Lunenburg, MA
- Silverbrook Farms - produce, jams, herbs, pies, honey, and more from Dartmouth, MA
- Ward's Berry Farm - potted herbs, berries, and produce from Sharon, MA
- Mariposa Bakery - breads, scones, brownies, and pretzels baked in Cambridge, MA
- The Danish Pastry House - pastries, cookies, and Scandinavian breads from Medford, MA
- Shootflying Hill Sauce Co. - dessert sauces: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, salty butterscotch, and peach bourbon from Brookline, MA
- Deborah's Kitchen - all-natural, low sugar fruit spreads, relishes, and chutney from Littleton, MA
- The Herb Lyceum at Gilson's - potted herbs, flowers, herbal soaps, teas, and honeys from Groton, MA
- The Warren Farm and Sugar House - maple syrup, maple products, jams, and sauces from North Brookfield, MA
- Taza Chocolate - organic, stone-ground, Mexican-style chocolate from Somerville, MA
- Fiore di Nonno - fresh mozzarella made daily in Somerville, MA
- Q's Nuts - fresh roasted savory, exotic, and sweet nuts from Georgetown, MA + scoops of Christina's ice cream and sorbet from Cambridge, MA
- Macro-Mediterranean - sign up for a local meal delivery service that combines philosophies of the Mediterranean diet with macrobiotic eating (this will be their only appearance at our market!!)
- Cape Ann Fresh Catch - community-supported fishery that will be dropping off shares of fresh fish from Gloucester, MA
So many good things!!!
I didn't end up buying anything yesterday because I am leaving for a week and I didn't want my fresh produce to spoil before I had a chance to eat it. But, I seriously cannot wait for the Farmers' Market when I return!
What are your favorite Farmers' Market finds?