Holy cow, I can’t believe it’s already Monday again. The weekend flewwwww by! And I have a feeling the week ahead is going to feel the exact same way. Kerrie and I are off to San Francisco for a two-day sales conference with our business mentor to learn how to sell our nutrition software. It’s going to be an intense couple of days, but we’re ready to get alltheknowledge! We’re also planning some non-software adventures (hopefully, hiking and vineyards), so if you have recommendations, please let us know! 🙂
Last week’s eats were great overall. I followed my meal plan for the Post-Summer Slim Down, which was a nice break from tracking macros in MyFitnessPal. All of the work was done for me, so I just had to prep and eat the meals and snacks. Sunday through Thursday were on-point for the most part, but then with dining out and concert fun on Friday, I did my own thing for a lot of the weekend. I’m soooo not black and white when it comes to food, and it was a nice balance between the “carrots” and the “cake.” Anyway, here’s a recap of 3 days of eating from last week!
- Overnight oats made with chia seeds, ground flaxseeds, SFH churro protein powder, collagen, almond milk, and peanut butter (recipe)
- 2 shots of decaf espresso over ice with half & half
- Multivitamin, Omega-3s, Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Protein shake made with SFH vanilla
- Stir-fry with shredded chicken and sliced almonds
- Rice cake with peanut butter and banana slices
- Cucumber slices and baby carrots
- Shredded chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and green beans
- Rice cake with almond butter and cocoa nibs
Approximate macro breakdown: P 117 C 147 F 78
- Scrambled eggs with onion salt, spinach, and avocado
- 2 shots of decaf espresso with collagen and half & half
- Smoothie made with spinach, banana, SFH churro protein powder, almond milk, and ground flax
- Oikos Triple Zero Non-Fat Yogurt
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Spinach salad with purple cabbage, shredded chicken, sliced almonds, and Trader Joe’s Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette
- Rice cake with peanut butter, ground flax, and cinnamon
Approximate macro breakdown: P 103 C 116 F 84
- Sweet potato toast with unsweetened sunflower spread <— no added sugar
- Protein shake made with SFH vanilla and espresso shots
- Chicken stir-fry made with veggies, soy sauce, and almonds
- Overnight oats made with banana, chia seeds, ground flax, and almond milk
- Hawaiian pizza and a glass of wine
- Salmon salad, crackers, and veggies
- Poppy Hand-Crafted Jalapeno Cheddar Popcorn
WEDNESDAY: CROSSFIT – I used #135 for the deadlifts and got 222 reps.
THURSDAY: CROSSFIT – I can’t remember my time, but I was more focused on getting the HSPUs in this workout. It’s a skill, oh, six years later, I still don’t have down. I managed to do 25 of 40 and got sets of 8, 7, 5, and 5. Progress!
FRIDAY: CROSSFIT – This got really hard by round 7 or so.
60 Cal Row
60 Double Unders (each)
60 Sit Ups
50 Cal Row
50 Double Unders (each)
50 Back Squats (95/65)
40 Cal Row
40 Double Unders (each)
40 Sit Ups
30 Cal Row
30 Double Unders (each)
30 SDLHP (95/65)
FAVORITE ATHLEISURE FINDS
Pacaya Insulated Hooded Jacket – I received this jacket from the nice people at Cotopaxi, and it was an instant favorite! It’s cute, cozy, and well-made, but I especially love what the brand is all about. Their motto is “gear for good,” and they strive to make a positive impact on the world – everything from using leftover fabric to make their products to funding sustainable pathways out of poverty. I’m more than happy to support such an awesome brand!
Extra Mile Long Sleeve – I know… the last thing I needed is another athleisure top, but this one immediately caught my attention. And, of course, once I tried it on, it was alllllllll over. I mean, I need new clothes for networking in San Fran later this week, right?
Just Enough Puff Vest – Now that the fall temps are getting colder, this vest is so perfect. It’s lightweight, but warm. And, guys, it’s $49 off right now!!!
Brooks Revel Sneakers – I’ve been wearing these babies non-stop ever since I received them. (They’re actually on my feet right now!) They’re a mix between running and lifestyle, and the black and white pattern goes with everything. Love!
Question of the Day
We’re only in San Francisco for a few days, WHERE should we eat? Please tell me where all of the good donut places are! 🙂