An easy and delicious gluten-free version of my mom’s favorite apple crisp.
5 medium apples (any variety)
2 cups of almond meal
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon and nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Haphazardly slice apples into small pieces and add them to a 9” X 9” (or round) baking dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg all over the apples. Feel free to add as much or as little as you’d like. I usually go crazy with the cinnamon and add just a little bit of nutmeg for some spice.
- In a mixing bowl, add almond meal, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and more cinnamon (to taste). Combine ingredients until the mixture looks lumpy and coconut oil is fully absorbed into the almond flour.
- Pour the almond flour mixture over the apple slices and spread around evenly.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until the top becomes lighted browned and “crisp” and apples are soft.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve alone or with vanilla ice cream.
Keywords: dessert, gluten-free, dairy-free