Yesterday afternoon, Marie texted me to see if Mal and I wanted to have dinner with her and Dave at the Abington Ale House later that evening. They didn't have any food in their house and they didn't feel like grocery shopping, so they wanted to go out to dinner. Mal and I love the Abington Ale House and, of course, Dave and Marie, so we were game.
When we arrived at the Abington Ale House, I don't think any of us expected to see this:
Not surprisingly, much of our dinner conversation focused on things that frightened us, including the freaky decorations surrounding us and scary movies.
When it comes to scary movies, Mal and Dave said they like them all. Neither of them get scared easily. Marie said she doesn't like scary movies at all because she hates being startled. I mostly don't like scary movies because I also don't like being startled, but I enjoy psychological thrillers, like Shutter Island and Source Code. (Ok, I liked Source Code mostly because of Jake Gyllenhaal.) Movies, like The Ring, however, scare the crap out of me. My sister gave The Ring rave reviews, so I watched it. It scared the hell out of me, and I was on edge for a solid week after that! Man, that movie was freaky.
For dinner, we started with pretzels.
I ordered a Shipyard Pumpkinhead with a cinnamon-sugar rim. It was so delicious. I love how the cinnamon-sugar compliments the flavor of the pumpkin. (Has anyone tried Shipyard's Smashed Pumpkin? I just noticed it on their website. I want it!)
For my entrÃ©e, I ordered the French Onion Soup with a side of sweet potato fries.
Can we talk about this overflowing bowl?! Obviously, I was in cheese heaven.
As Murphy watched me eat, his eyes just got crazier and crazier.
Before he spazzed out, I gave Murphy the jar to lick. This pug has a serious peanut butter problem”” he's worse than me!
Arnold Health-full Winners
Thanks to everyone who entered yesterday's giveaway to win a free loaf of Arnold Health-full Bread. Here are your winners:
- Heather M: Beer bread with buffalo chicken dip. Soooooo good!
- katie: my favorite party food has got to be hot spinach and artichoke dip. it never gets old for me!
- Ruby: Chips (love cheetos!) and dessert
- Brandalyn: Anything dessert! Especially homemade chocolate chip cookies.
- Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries: My favorite party food is definitely Mexican 7 layer dip with tortilla chips! Yum.
- Lynne: My favorite party food is chocolate-covered preztels. Yum! Ps all the snacks look amazing!
- Erica: Stuffed mushrooms are my favorite party snack.
- Beth: Really love sour cream and chive chips, no dip required!
- Lauren: I love to make (and eat!) mini fruit and cheese kabobs on toothpicks! Delicious!
- Leigh: My favorite party food would have to be chips and salsa! I can't keep them at home because I eat too much, so they are always a treat!
Congrats, winners! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and mailing address to claim your prize.
Question of the Day
Do you like scary movies?
P.S. Check out my fall giveaway on Trading Up Downtown!