Good morning! Happy Sunday, friends!
Just wanted to share a delicious recipe that I made yesterday afternoon for Coconut Banana Bread. Enjoying a toasted slice with melted butter along an almond milk latte this morning for breakfast… oh my goodness, it was heavenly!
On Easter, my sister mentioned that she craved banana bread in a major way during her pregnancy, so I had it on my mind all last week. I just needed to wait for my bananas to ripen, so I could whip up a loaf and that is exactly what I did yesterday afternoon.
For a little something different, I added shredded coconut to this recipe, and it gave it the perfect amount of flavor and sweetness. This banana bread is definitely a new favorite in our house!
Coconut Banana Bread
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 6 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or by hand in a large mixing bowl. Mix until fully blended.
- Coat a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray (or butter) and pour batter into it. Use a spatula to spread the top evenly.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until the loaf is cooked all the way through.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Makes 1 loaf