Client: I want to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Can I?
Me: It depends. Let me ask you a few questions.
- Are you new to fitness with a higher body fat percentage?
- Are you a former athlete who has been ‘off’ for a while?
- Are you planning to use steroids? (hope not!)
If not, then probably not at the exact SAME time, but we can totally create a nutrition periodization schedule that works for you and achieves the goals you’ve set.
Client: Nutrition Periodization? What’s that?
Me: Nutrition Periodization is the cycle of cut-reverse-maintain-refeed that helps professional fitness competitors and everyday women like you and me lose fat and build muscle. You know, so we actually end up looking like we go to the gym.
- In the ‘cut’ phase, you eat and exercise so you lose fat.
- Next we slowly add in calories and ‘reverse’ your diet.
- Then, it’s maintenance. Time for a body break.
- Finally, we add calories and heavy weights so you build muscle.
Once sufficient muscle is built, we start the cycle all over again.
Throughout this process you’ve lost fat and gained muscle. Not at exactly the same time, but if you end up with the same result then we can ultimately call it a win, can’t we? Plus, doing it this way means you’ll have longer-lasting results without wrecking your hormones in the process.
I get that it might sound a bit confusing and that’s exactly why I created the Macro Movement Project
. This six-week program will teach you everything you need to know about fitness and nutrition so that you can create your own Nutrition Periodization plan for losing fat and gaining muscle.
Doors are now open, but space is limited! Click the link in my bio to access weekly workouts, weekly Zooms, and weekly homework to help you reach your goals safely and effectively. The Macro Movement Project
is all about YOU and there’s a seat with your name on it.
I hope to see you there!