Alternate title: My Favorite New Kitchen Appliance
I mentioned my new air fryer the other day, and I’m truly obsessed with it. It’s been such an awesome addition to our kitchen, and I use almost every day. I honestly can’t believe I love a kitchen appliance so much! Haha!
The nice people from Bella sent me their 1.2 Q Air Fryer to try, and I’m so thankful to have it in my life. It now has a permeant spot on our kitchen counter, and, guys, I’m super picky about what occupies real estate there. I hate the look of a cluttered counter, so the fact that it now lives next to our coffee maker is a BIG DEAL!
I really could go on and go (and on!) about my love for this air fryer, but I’ll cut to the chase and give you guys all the deets via pro/con list. And, truthfully, if you knew how much you’d love and use this kitchen appliance, you probably wouldn’t need much convincing! 🙂 Ok, are you ready?!
- It’s small and compact. I have the 1.2 quart air fryer, and I love that it’s not massive. I made the mistake of going BIG with my Instant Pot, and it kind of drives me nuts now. I have it stored away in a top cabinet, and it’s so big and bulky… and annoying. Obviously, this post isn’t about my Instant Pot, but I really love that the air fryer doesn’t take up half of my kitchen!
- It makes small batches. Small air fryer = small batches of food! I love this because I can quickly and easily roast a bunch of veggies, cook up a single-serving dessert, or make a batch of salt + vinegar chickpeas. Mal and Quinn don’t like a lot of the foods that I like, so it’s perfect for whipping up something for myself. Plus, it cuts down on my time in the kitchen on Sundays when I meal prep because I can cook things on-demand during the week. This also means that I’m not eating soggy meal prep leftovers.
- It’s SO EASY to use – like super easy! There’s only two buttons on this air fryer: Temperature + timer. You just set the temperature that you want to cook your food and then set the timer. That’s it!
- It bakes, roasts, grills, and fries food. I didn’t realize an air fryer could do so much. I honestly thought it was a “healthier” alternative for deep frying, but it does so much more. You can even just use cooking spray and not add a ton of oils and fat to your food. Again, it’s super easy to roast veggies, which I’ve been doing pretty much every day since I got it!
- It’s easy to clean. I just rinse the pan and crisping tray with soap and water, but it’s dishwasher safe, which makes clean up even easier.
- It’s pretty and adds a pop of color to our kitchen! I mean, hey, the red is kind of fun, right? This model also comes in black.
- You’ll probably need to make some space on your kitchen counter because you love it so much and want to use it all the time. (See above.) If you have limited counter space, this might be a problem. Of course, you can always store it in a cabinet or closet.
- It’s small. I love that this air fryer is small, but if you’re cooking up big batches of food, it’s probably not the best option. Of course, you can always buy a bigger air fryer or just use your oven for baking and roasting.
- I wish I got it sooner! I really didn’t think I needed another kitchen appliance in my life, but I’m so pumped to have this air fryer as part of my cooking arsenal!