Well, I finally got around to experimenting and, while my Bang Bang Cauliflower recipe isn’t an exact replica of the original (it’s baked, not fried and calls for buffalo sauce), it tastes pretty frickin’ amazing, and I know it’ll become a favorite in your house too!
A lightened up twist on a restaurant favorite. Made gluten-free with almond meal for a great side dish or vegetarian entree.
12 ounces cauliflower florets
1/3 cup liquid egg whites (or 2 large)
2/3 cup almond meal
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
1 tbsp mayo
1 tbsp honey
2 tsp rice vinegar
2 tsp sriracha or hot sauce
salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour egg whites into one bowl and almond meal into another. Fully coat cauliflower florets in egg whites and then cover in almond meal. Then, place florets on a prepared baking sheet and bake in oven for 20 minutes. (Optional: Sprinkle with salt + pepper.)
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Combine buffalo sauce, mayo, honey, rice vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- When 20 minutes is up, remove cauliflower florets from oven and allow them to cool slightly. Turn oven up to 450 degrees F.
- Add florets to the sauce in the mixing bowl and coat completely.
- Return sauce-covered florets to baking sheet and bake in oven for another 5-7 minutes until crispy and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 382
- Fat: 26
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Protein: 17
Keywords: side, entree, vegetarian, gluten-free, cauliflower