Banana + coconut!!! What a delicious combination! The batter for these muffins tasted just like banana cream pie!
With the help of a little canned squash, these muffins turned out soft and moist. Mmmmm!
Makes 18 mini muffins
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup canned squash
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until batter is blended evenly.
- Divide batter evenly among greased mini-muffin cups.
- Bake muffins for approximately 10 minutes, then top with additional shredded coconut, and baked for another 5-7 minutes until shredded coconut is golden brown.
- Remove muffins from baking sheet and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Eat and enjoy!