Hey, hey! Look at me. Two recipes in one week! Who am I?! Haha!
Honestly, I’m craving ALLTHECARBS this week, and when I realized we had a couple of super ripe bananas just waiting to be used up, I knew immediately that I wanted to turn them into some sort of carb-tastic baked good. But, at the same time, I wanted to keep it healthy, especially since I just made No-Bake Double Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies and ate them all in about 48 hours. #crazymarathonhunger
Long story short, these muffins are low in sugar, high in protein, and loaded with all sorts of nutrients. They’re a healthy muffin that tastes delicious, and I know you will love them too. And they would be perfect for breakfast and before or after a workout!
- 2.5 cups rolled oats
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1.5 cups frozen mixed berries (fresh would probably work too)
- 1/2 cup rice milk (other varieties would likely work)
- 2 eggs
- 2-3 tbsp honey
- 1 scoop (32g) vanilla protein powder (I used SFH Recovery)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients in a large mixing bowl; blend well.
- Coat 12 cup muffin tray with cooking spray (or use paper liners).
- Spoon mixture to the brim of each cup. (The batter should fill 10 cups.)
- Bake muffins for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe makes 10 muffins