Ever felt stuck?
I have. And it definitely sucks. But you know what? Even when you’re FEELING ridiculously stuck, like nothing you do will help you lose weight, you’re never ACTUALLY stuck. There is always something that can be done to start seeing progress again.⠀
This is a quick self-assessment you can take to determine if your metabolism is stuck and whether you might need a reverse dieting phase.
Ask yourself the following questions:
1. Do you have a history of yo-yo dieting?
2. Has your weight loss plateaued despite reducing calories and increasing exercise?
3. Do you typically eat 1,200 calories or less per day and you’re often not hungry?
4. Have you noticed more fat around your belly?
5. Have you stopped seeing improvements in the gym?
6. Do you find yourself moodier and more irritable than usual?
7. Do you experience intense cravings for sugary and/or salty food?
8. Do you have trouble falling or staying asleep?
9. Has your menstrual cycle gotten longer, shorter, or disappeared altogether?
10. Are you typically sore after your workouts or struggle with recurring injuries?
11. Do you exercise a lot and rarely take more than one rest day per week?
12. Are you experiencing a lack of energy and/or fatigue?
Add up the number of YES answers: _______
6 or more: Your metabolism might be stuck and you likely need a reverse diet.
A reverse diet is a long-term investment in your health. If you’re not where you want to be right now, a reverse diet is needed to fix the damage that has been done to your metabolism (and hormones). Putting the time in to do this now is going to allow you to diet in a much healthier and more sustainable manner in the future.
Want to learn more? Sign up for my FREE masterclass, Unstuck Your Metabolism, to learn how and why a reverse diet might just be the exact thing you need to see progress in the right direction!